Liam French, his duo, trio & band have performed at wedding receptions both here in Australia and overseas for over 15 years.
Unfortunately for ‘hobbyists’, the ‘tricks of the trade’ aren’t learnt overnight. What is expected from the band from both a performance, repertoire & etiquette point of view is something that is learnt over many years.
Here’s a small list of things that a professional band should consider:
– What time are the speeches?
– How can we time our breaks so that the client gets the most entertainment for their money?
– Is the break music appropriate for the cliental at the wedding?
– Are we at an appropriate volume so that the guests who are catching up can talk?
– Where is the Bridal Waltz placed to ensure the night’s dance music is kicked off at the correct time?
What sets us apart:
– Meeting with bride & groom prior to the day (where possible)
– Personal discussion of ideas for the bridal waltz, bouquet throwing and entrance & exit music
– A friendly caring attitude to help with the hectic planning process
– A network of photographers, florists, wedding coordinators, etc at hand
ON THE NIGHT
– An extensive repertoire to cater from 18-80 year olds (including break music)
– State of the art sound system
– Radio mic (if required) for speeches
– Theme lighting to create atmosphere
– An approachable nature for song requests & ‘hard to handle’ guests
– We love what we do!
– Booking agreement & music selection forms prior to the event
– $10m Public Liability for the entire band (most venues now require this)
– All 240v leads tagged and tested (most venues now require this)
– Backup PA & lighting